Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thinking about EDUC 407





Despite the fact that I have been in leadership positions for decades and despite the fact that I have had leadership responsibilities for most of my life. My experience has been one of constant pressure, not enough time and overwhelming responsibility for enormously important causes. Though professionally challenging, it is not a sustainable lifestyle. Just by having to reflect -- stop -- slow down -- dial it back, the way that I think and "be" as a leader drastically changed -- of course, for the better. This picture of my silhouette in front of a crashing waves that mellow out and recede before reaching me represents my experience as a leader. The forces are still strong. The work is massive. Yet, with the right leadership stance, all of the force and mass can create waves of tranquility.

No comments:

Post a Comment