
President Obama -- those were the first words that came to my mind as I woke up in a new America. It wasn't just a dream. It was real. I wanted to blog yesterday but was just plain incapacitated by the momentous nature of yesterday -- what it meant to the nation -- what it meant to me as an African American woman who was raised in segregation in these United States of America. I wondered, what are the implications of President Obama's leadership on the rest of us who have leadership responsibilities all over the nation?
A young college student said, " I am ready to do whatever my President asks of me?" Wow! What an influencial, inspirational, and motivational force President Obama has manage to become during the course of his campaign.
From a Human Resource Management perspective, how did he manage to create a climate in the entire nation that would bring out the best efforts, attitudes and intentions from many who had resigned from civic participation with a kind of hopelessness that had been, heretofor, considered irrepairable?
He did it for the nation and made it look easy. I wonder how can I do the same thing for the organization I lead?

No comments:
Post a Comment