Friday, February 6, 2009

Leading - Learning - Teaching - Growing

That about sums up my perspective in Education 407. Initially, I grappled with by inability to reconcile the name of the course with the content of the course, particularly as a student of Human Relations. I had to step back and take a very broad view of Human Resources Management and see it with a Human Relations orientation. Now, with a human relations orientation, the discussion would not be personnel rules, EEOC laws and labor laws; instead it would be a focus on the behavior of people in groups and the implications for leadership in recognizing these human cooperative systems.

So as I teach (lead), I learn and grow as a student of human relations, as a scholar and as an educational leader. What supports that growth? The EDUC 407 Class and overall teaching experience. The students are brilliantly creative, enthusiastic and just plain sharp young professionals. The public has no clue the type of talent, the richness of experience and perspective present in the budding leaders of education today.

The participants of EDUC 407 also lead and teach and learn and grow. They do so all day, everyday, and they do so on Mondays at the Wetmore Lodge. I am just glad to be a part of that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment